I have a new piece up on NPR's website: this one includes some tips about picnics and a recipe for fresh herb muffins!
For my metric-minded readers, here are the measurements to make the muffins:
- A small bunch of fresh flat parsley, about 25 sprigs
- A small bunch of fresh cilantro, about 25 sprigs
- A small bunch of fresh chives, about 20 sprigs
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml buttermilk (substitute plain yogurt or kéfir)
- 80 ml pesto
- 25 g grated parmesan
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 11 g (one envelope) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- A pat of butter to grease the muffin tins
And the oven should be preheated to 180°C.
(Previous contributions to Kitchen Window:
- Cherry Soup with Hazelnut Rosemary Tuiles
- Artichoke and Goat Cheese Mille-feuille,
- Asparagus Confit with Almonds and Rosemary,
- Chocolate and Candied Ginger Tartlets.)
Chocolate & Zucchini [http://chocolateandzucchini.com]
All writing and photography on Chocolate & Zucchini is Copyright Clotilde Dusoulier © 2003-2011 unless indicated otherwise. All rights reserved.