The French Market Cookbook came out just a year ago today, and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those of you who bought the book — sometimes multiple copies of it! — and cooked from it with such enthusiasm. It has been a joy and an absolute treat to hear your season-by-season reports, read your sweet tweets, and see your Instagram pictures, so please keep them coming!
To celebrate this one-year anniversary, my publisher and I have five fresh copies of the book for you to win, so you can finally get your hot little hands on it, or gift it away to your favorite vegetable lover.
For a chance to win a copy of The French Market Cookbook, please leave a comment below no later than Wednesday July 9, 2014, midnight Paris time, telling me which of the book’s recipes you most want to try*, or which one you like best if you’ve already cooked from it.
I will draw five comments randomly and announce the winners here next week. My publisher has agreed to send the book out to any mailing address in the world, so you’re welcome to play regardless of your location.
We Got Winners!
The giveaway is now closed, and the following five readers will each receive a copy of The French Market Cookbook:
- Petra Durnin, who wrote, “I’ve made the Ratatouille Tian and loved it! Would like to try the green pancakes next :)”
- Mary Duggan, who wrote, “Green pancakes! I love chard and I’m always looking for new ways of cooking it!”
- Martic, who wrote, “I want to make the Stuffed Vegetables with Beans and Barley — that sounds delicious!!”
- Brigita Orel, who wrote, “I would love to try the peach, almond and cardamom clafoutis.”
- Alyson, who wrote, “I really want to try the avocado and radish mini tartines… anything with avocado is a must for me!”
Congratulations to them, and thank you all for participating with such enthusiasm!
* To help you make a choice, here’s a sample of the book’s recipes, excerpted with the publisher’s permission:
~ Avocado and Radish Mini Tartines
~ Very Green Salad
~ Shaved Fennel Salad with Preserved Lemon
~ Green Pancakes
~ Green Bean and Red Rice Salad
~ Radish Top Pasta
~ Zucchini and Apricot Socca Tart
~ Ratatouille Tian
~ Stuffed Vegetables with Beans and Barley
~ Strawberry Tartlets with Breton Shortbread Crust
~ Peach, Almond and Cardamom Clafoutis