Feeling very bad about not finding the time to make soup for the first Is My Blog Burning? event, I told Alberto that I would be more than happy to host the second edition, to be held on Sunday March 7th, 2004.
For those of you not yet familiar with the concept, IMBB? is a distributed food blogging event, brought to us by Alberto : a date and a theme are set, each participating blogger cooks something following that theme, and posts about his creation on that particular day.
For the second edition, the theme I would like to propose is “Tartine“. A tartine is a popular Parisian dish, in which different ingredients are arranged and served on a slice of bread – a sort of open-faced sandwich if you will – usually on a bed of greens. Like the soup theme, this should leave the door wide open for you to express your culinary creativity!
And you can refer to the post I wrote a little while ago about The Wonderful World of Tartines for more tartine info and ideas, and a sample recipe.
The basic rules follow:
– Any and all bloggers are welcome to take part, whether they regularly blog about food or not.
– The theme is “Tartine” : prepare and lay different ingredients on a slice of bread – possibly in a nice assortment of colors and shapes – and you’ll be spot on!
– The IMBB? day for this edition is Sunday March 7th, 2004.
– The food doesn’t have to be made on IMBB? day, but your entry should be posted on that day.
– Share the recipe for what you made, and try to include a picture too if at all possible, we would all love to see what your tartine looks like!
– Once your entry is posted, please email me with a link to it : I will include it in a post that lists all of the participants.
Any question, comment, or suggestion is more than welcome!
… still here? sorry, but don’t you have a tartine recipe to come up with? :)